View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 12:46 PM
Shake well

Mein Auto: 2003 325iT
I've been down this path a number of times, and it is indeed a tough choice. I ended up test-driving the Z3 2.3, Z3 2.8 and the M-Roadster (year 2000)... based on factoring test-drive feelings and cost for desired features, I ended up with the 2.8. I don't regret that decision.

The additional power of the M-Roadster was nice, but the 2.8 met my needs. Similarly, you may find that the 2.5 will suit you fine.

Looking at the features of the two choices you have, I think the only one I'd have a hard time giving up is the cruise-control. If you don't do much long-distance driving, then perhaps this isn't very important to you.

The power-top is kind of nice too... especially now that they raise and fully latch automatically (right?). I had the power-top on my Z3 2.8 and liked the convenience, but then my top was down almost ALL the time... probably could've lived without it.

Stereo probably shouldn't be much of a factor... so long as you get a CD unit if that's what you're looking for.

I honestly don't know which route I'd go ... you might also want to check with your insurance company and see if there's much/any difference in the coverage costs... then you've got registration fees...

daver -- 2003 325iT