View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Z4 Mvangelist

Mein Auto: 2003 M5-S2, 2002 540iT-S2
Here is the teasing part: I tracked the Coupe for the first time this last weekend (Horse Thief Mile, Willow Springs), but I'm not done processing pics and video yet. Sorry, I'm working on it. The pics are almost done. The video might take a while to edit down as I have about a hour and a half both inside the car and outside from the top of a hill. On now to other things...

Mod 15
2-22-07
Installed CG-Locks on both seatbelts. I haven't had a chance to test them out, but at Horse Thief Mile my thighs/butt were REALLY tight from bracing myself with the dead pedal in turns. Hopefully the CG-Locks will help at Willow in March.

Mod update
The MkIV armrest from LeatherZ is GREAT! I was skeptical at first, because I had to get used to the new arm positioning, but it is conclusively better than the stock position. It allows for similarly-easy shifting in normal street driving, and much more support for the arm during highway and track driving. The storage is also very good and the carpeted interior alows little to no sound to escape.

Update
I made my first component from scratch yesterday - a bracket to hold the BMW IMS bottle over the new relocated battery. This is part of my master plan to relocate not just the battery, but also the entire M Mobility system, tools AND owner's manual within the new trunk panels. Note: This bracket is rough and really just an operational template. I'm a crappy welder and if this bracket ever becomes part of a kit it will be professionally constructed. Anyway, I bought some 1/8"x3/4" bar stock at Depot and welded, hammered and grinded until I ended up with what you see here. So far it seems to work perfectly.

Here's a pic with the IMS bottle installed:

Lastly, I cut the left and right trunk panels (scary!) as they don't fit with the new battery and DVD player installed. Then I installed the remaining panels. What is left naked is what I need to fabricate my own panels for. In this pic you can also see that I cut away the top of the foam insulation from around the top of the rear shocks. This is to make it easier to adjust later on...which should be soon