View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Z4 Mvangelist

Mein Auto: 2003 M5-S2, 2002 540iT-S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwm View Post
One word of caution on the CG-Locks... they work great, but their weight makes them want to wander into the door area without being reeled up. Easy to accidentally ding the door by closing one in the door somewhere. Train yourself now to always check before closing the door. And keep track of pesky passengers who won't be so careful (driving instructors tend to know the issue and usually won't make such a mistake, but other passengers...). I keep my passenger one latched most of the time.

They also work nicely for belting cargo firmly into the passenger seat. Say an overnight bag or a large bottle of water.
-Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKH View Post
Great thread - you need to sell this to me as a kit after you have it perfected! Love the battery mod. Will that create room for two sets of golf clubs (the acid test)? Let's do lunch next week or should we meet up for dinner in Santa Monica with the boys? One month of driving the M Coupe only and my E39 M5 feels like a land barge, no kidding!
-I doubt there is enough width to fit golf clubs, but I'll check asap. I did some calculations today, and the conversion effectively frees up 1 cubic foot (It seems like a lot more - think of it as 10% more space). I'd like to get together again, but I'm not sure when. The coming week is pretty jammed for me.

As much as I love my M5, I agree with your assessment!