View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 02:03 PM
z-mobile

Mein Auto: 2006 650i
3 Month ED Summary from Aug-Oct 2006

I've been meaning to put something out on Bimmerfest for sometime, but just never got around to it. So I'm going to cheat and put our blog out instead of trying to capture 3 months of travels in a post.

Summary: from Aug - Oct 2006 we Drove the first 2 months and flew the 3rd on Easyjet. I used bimmerfest/members a lot in getting information on prices and ED info....great resource.

Favorite country: Slovenia
Favorite B&B: Mykonos

Biggest drawback to ED: Waiting the 10 weeks for redelivery to MN. I dropped off in Nice, and within 4 days it was in Belgium and on the ship to US. Unfortunately it sat forever waiting for new rims i scratched driving europe. Insurance was painless, in fact i never did anything, it was all taken care of (including some touch up of paint in the states).

Misc notes: Didn't take off plate or remove stuff from truck and it all returned home safely (including additional items i forgot to take out as well). Oopps!
Zero problems driving/parking/crossing borders you name it. A lot of planning on my part up front, as we booked 90% of our hotels up front. Made for seemless transitions and kept us moving, instead of bogging down in a city.

Countries visited driving: Germany, Austria, Czech, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Italy(1 month), and France (including Monoco). Drop off in Nice.

Flying from Nice to: Berlin to Athens-including Mykonos (1 week) to London(1 week) and finally to Barcelona(2 weeks) all on Easyjet. Best way to see europe in my opinion, loved easyjet! All those flights cost us less than $600 (for 2 people)

That's all i can think of at this time, let me know if you have any questions though, I'd love to help if I can!

http://eurotrek-2006.blogspot.com/