View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004.5 Audi A4 1.8T
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim248 View Post
Hey,

I don't want to jinx my 335i coupe, but I'm at 4000 miles and it's running great. I did have a nail in one of my runflats and had to replace it..........$350- ouch.
knock on wood my friend!

i support the teething theory here honestly...people should know that in technically advanced cars the first MY has issues...i mean look at toyota/lexus! the haulted the launch of several new MY cars last year because there were pre-release issues not caught in initial testing!

fact of the matter is this...direct injection is a new technology for production cars...audi brought it in MY 2005.5 with the 2.0T FSI...and that has initial fuel pump issues fixed for MY 2006+...if you want ot lead the pack in ownership you MUST accept the fact that these things happen. furthermore, FI is new for BMW after decades of hiatus...there will be a few bumps in the road, and at the end of the day that is what a waranty is for.

by MY 2008 all of these little issues will have been resolved and it wil be back to normal for the 335, and time to run into issues with the new m3!

Bullseye Power S256 Turbo, Built Engine by Autobahn Premier Service of Denver, CO.

Fast....really really really fast.