Thread: Satellite Radio
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 12:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745Li
WarEagle745,

I bought the same unit (Sportscaster - because XM Radio has a promotion right now and it's free with 6 months of service). You're right, it fits in the drawer perfectly, and the color of the backlight is the exact same as the colors of the dash.

Anyway, do you know where the antenna is on this car? Included in the packaging is a "sure connect" piece that clips onto the antenna. I'm not really sure where that is. I installed it last night to test it out, and see if it works (I haven't removed any panels or drilled any holes) and I just ran the "sure connect" to the back dash as well and wrapped it around a headrest. As I drove to work today I realized that I either need to find the antenna or figure out a direct connect Aux solution. Right now the sound quality is worse than FM radio. There is another post on this site that I have been reading/posting about taking apart the FM radio box and soldering in an AUX input; you should check that out.

Note: I have the Satellite antenna on the back dash in about the same spot as you, but I seem to be getting good reception (full bars) with out the metal drain mod (great idea btw).

-Kevin