View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Blitz View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth. Very nice car; just superbly done, but as far from Classic as a BMW can get. In addition to all the items borrowed from other BMWs, that car even has a number of Porsche parts in it.
The three judges deliberated quite some time. Paul Cain's car could easily have won best modified or best of show, but we felt the best place for it was the classic division, the mindset being when people think of a classic BMW what is the archetypal/prototypical image? A 2002, of course. Paul's was the most outstanding one of those. George Lee's 323i (for those who checked it out) was probably the most radical I've ever seen in 8 years of Bimmerfests, so he got best of show. Best modified division really belongs to the fire-breathing E46 M3s imo. Sorry if I upset anybody with my own judging - the primary reason why I usually delegate the responsibility. I knew that no matter what was decided, it'd get questioned. There were many other cars there such as CJ Viola's Reseda Green E21 that should have won a trophy. At least CJ is a good sport, and hopefully doesn't mind as his shelves at home are already loaded with several Battle of the Bimmers trophies.

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"