View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:44 PM

Mein Auto: M6, M3, DINAN 750iL, Z8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
The three judges deliberated quite some time. Paul Cain's car could easily have won best modified or best of show, but we felt the best place for it was the classic division, the mindset being when people think of a classic BMW what is the archetypal/prototypical image? A 2002, of course. Paul's was the most outstanding one of those. George Lee's 323i (for those who checked it out) was probably the most radical I've ever seen in 8 years of Bimmerfests, so he got best of show. Best modified division really belongs to the fire-breathing E46 M3s imo. Sorry if I upset anybody with my own judging - the primary reason why I usually delegate the responsibility. I knew that no matter what was decided, it'd get questioned. There were many other cars there such as CJ Viola's Reseda Green E21 that should have won a trophy. At least CJ is a good sport, and hopefully doesn't mind as his shelves at home are already loaded with several Battle of the Bimmers trophies.
Jon - Sorry if I came across as being upset. I assure that's not at all the case. I think that Paul's car deserves to win whatever the heck class he decides to enter in. I also think that you and the judges did a fantastic job, as always. However, as a BMW purist I would like to see a completely stock car -- and I mean completely stock -- win the Stock and Classic classes.

As you know, my M6 won the stock class last year (stayed home this year) and it is exactly as it was delivered to me new in 1988.

In any event, I had a great time and look forward to next year.

///M Blitz (AKA Dan)

- 88 M6 (33K mi - original owner)
"The best M6 in the World" - BMW Car mag. (Nov. 05)
**First place "Stock Class" Bimmerfest 2006
**First place "Stock Class" Bimmerfest 2011
- 89 DINAN 750iL (69K mi - original owner)
**Second place "Stock Class" Bimmerfest 2008
- 98 M3 (65K mi - original owner)
- 03 Z8 (8K mi - original owner)
- 12 X5 Diesel (dd)
-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by ///M Blitz; 05-07-2007 at 04:47 PM.