View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Fest Veteran

Mein Auto: 79 E21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
The three judges deliberated quite some time. Paul Cain's car could easily have won best modified or best of show, but we felt the best place for it was the classic division, the mindset being when people think of a classic BMW what is the archetypal/prototypical image? A 2002, of course. Paul's was the most outstanding one of those. George Lee's 323i (for those who checked it out) was probably the most radical I've ever seen in 8 years of Bimmerfests, so he got best of show. Best modified division really belongs to the fire-breathing E46 M3s imo. Sorry if I upset anybody with my own judging - the primary reason why I usually delegate the responsibility. I knew that no matter what was decided, it'd get questioned. There were many other cars there such as CJ Viola's Reseda Green E21 that should have won a trophy. At least CJ is a good sport, and hopefully doesn't mind as his shelves at home are already loaded with several Battle of the Bimmers trophies.
Thanks for the kind words Jon. Back in 2003 when I won 3rd place for the competition I was honored that I would be considered. I didn't even know the show was a competition and was very surprised I placed.

Bimmerfest to me is not about taking home a trophy or bragging rights. To me it's the community and the great memories that I have, and for the ones that will take place the following year, every year. That's why I go, and I thank you Jon for making this possible.

Every year I go I have no intention or a desire to win. I go there to hang out with people that I now consider very good friends to me. Although winning makes me very proud of my accomplishments with the E21. There are way too many nice cars there that deserve the recognition of their accomplishments and this year the scale of this showed. Every year I see cars that are very well put together and you can tell the level of detail that went into refining the car was not an easy task.

Our group had a discussion on the extremely well built (neither words nor pictures do it justice) twin turbo 02. It should have won in any category hands down. And Ron, I don't know how you do it, you have quite the collection of wonderful old school bimmers.

Congratulations to all the winners, you deserve it!

Kim, you rock, Congrats on 2nd place! And thanks for participating in our Rally

Oh, and Jon, I think I shook your hand in the VIP at Q's, don't know if I said much, but somehow me and another E21'er (Matt from AZ) ended up playing host to a bachelorette party of about 13 females and the night is a little hazy

For more information visit Tricord's E21 Community & CarDomain

"Mortals! rejoice at so great an ornament to the human race!"

Last edited by BLitZeD310; 05-07-2007 at 07:14 PM.