View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Just a Gigolo

Mein Auto: '02 540iA '05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
This was all done after the fest as we were tearing it down. After a whole bunch of runs I had to ask that they stop doing it as 1) it would give Earl Warren a reason to refuse renting to us next year, and 2) I was becoming very anxious about liability in the event of an accident. I hope that Chris is not upset with me, but it looks like there were more than enough speed runs to make the point....that car is damn f-ing fast!!!
A bunch of us from m5board.com were doing an off the cuff photo shoot in the parking lot and were a bit worried at first with the speed runs. However, us wanting to get a ride and after talking with Chris assured us he was just doing some marketing and not just joyriding. There was a few of us left who wanted a ridealong but Chris came back and said he was asked to stop. EVERYONE was totally cool with it, understood, and not upset. Chris had no issues with being asked to stop.

That car is very much for real, no idle issues after all the runs is what amazed me.
'05 M3 Track Beast - Ground Control coilovers - APEX Arc8's in Nitto NT01's - Fabspeed Headers - ESS Tune - Auto Club 1:58.5 - Streets 1:29.9
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."President Bush; Interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006