View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
I've got an idea - Hey, Jon, where do you want to have it next year?

Of all the ideas, and there have been a lot of good ones, the Ventura County Fairgrounds (Seaside Park) is probably the best. On the ocean, not too far from Santa Barbara, old town Santa Buenaventura is close by, big facility and lots of exhibit halls. The only thing that concerns me is just how big the parking lots are, because that's the main attraction here, not the exhibit halls.

The California Speedway is another alternative, but it could be hot as stink, and we could draw the "wrong crowds."

As for Anaheim Stadium - it's so convenient I think I'll take the train. It'll be difficult to have it there during baseball season.

Laguna Seca is a great idea. I've spent many a weekend in Carmel after steeplechase meets in Pebble Beach. (Horses have now been banned for about 6 years. We used to race around the outside of the Spyglass course.)

Because proximity to the beach makes this event special, I vote for Ventura County Fairgrounds. However, I agree with the sentiment that if it could still be in Santa Barbara that's where it should be.

No matter what we vote, as with Abraham Lincoln's cabinet, only 1 vote counts.