View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
I came late last year and squeezed through the back gate, but this year there were people at both gates.

$20??? for 1600 cars is $32,000 where is that money going? I heard if you bought raffle tickets that money was going to the low income people in Santa Barbara which is ironic since SB is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation so I didn't even stick around for the raffle. With all the raffle tickets too, I bet there was a gross income of over $50,000.

Last time I checked at fairs and stuff the food places had to rent out a spot to have their food booth, I'm thinking that the vendors pay to have a spot too, and the only cost would be the Bimmerfest personnel $10/hr probably 10 of them for a total of 10 hrs, that's only $1000. And the cost to rent out the fairgrounds can't be over $10000.

I don't work hard so that poor people can work less and receive free money.

This might be the last year I support this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej View Post
I don't know why you're all piling on the OP. I mean, $20 is outrageous. I'm sure Jon pocketed all of it.

And while we're complaining about stuff, why does it cost $150 a night to stay at the Ramada? I'm sure that the room cost at their end is only about $50 a night.

And why is food so expensive in restaurants? Hell, I can eat out of a garbage can for free.

Seriously, dude. I cannot believe you actually pulled those figures out of your azz and started a complaint thread with your first post. Lemme guess. You're the kind of guy who would bitch about $120 floor mats on a $65,000 car.

Weaksauce. The weakest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
so what are the expenses?
what are your expenses? would you like to give your personal expenses to us???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroG View Post
I understand what you guys are all saying about compensation. There is a difference between profit and flat out ripping people off. I am not saying that I agree with what lucky was saying, I am just saying that there might be some truth to his statement.

I mean... Jon himself said that over 5K people attended the event. We'll say half of them brought cars and paid the $20 fee. So the event made $50K in cash on admission alone minimum. Now we're not even including vendor fees that they made money on etc...

I think we could have donated a little more then $6500 to the worth while charity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
Could you please go away too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
To the OP

I have the following sign in my car, you may not like: Its an oldie but a goodie...

A$$, GAS or GRA$$.... NOBODY RIDES FREE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
Crawl back into your slimy little hole, twerp. You aren't going to be doing the accounting for the event.