View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
If 1600 people gave me $20 and one was curious as to how the money was being spent I would provide it. Think about businesses, if you say this is Jon's job then I suppose this is his business and if we are contributing, or "compensating" for his hard work then that in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.

So if Jon needs to be compensated for this event, why are we donating money to charity? You don't get rich throwing your money away. Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.
You reap what you sew my brother. Jon had nothing but good intentions with his money. Other people in this world are not so fortunate. I don't think Jon does this event to get rich out of it. He has made it clear that all proceeds go to charity. He and Tim and Mark (I think) work there asses of for this event. So $20 is a small fee to pay for all the work that goes into putting an event like this together

You need to respect Jon and his crew and this board. The way you acting is just down right disrespectful.

And just because you don't want to donate doesn't mean that all 1600 attendees don't want to either. So please, if you don't want to participate in the bimmerfest event, then don't. We don't need your hard earned $20, and we don't need this drama.