View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 02:59 PM
azrace318is

Send a message via AIM to stevohill
Mein Auto: 318Is
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan View Post
Hm, I seem to recall echoes of that thought when I joined the fest in 2003.

I respect that, and secretly I was thinking that might be the real reason for the fact that 'fest gear was not readily available.

I wonder, would it be possible to research whether (nowadays) there is a way to reduce the cycle time in the business model by using the 'net?

I mean, I would not be surprised if a large brick and block custom embroidery enterprise would not mind occasional (small) orders via some type of e-commerce transaction. This way you could benefit from the revenue stream, get the 'fest logo "out there" and drive your net physical inventory and associated admin costs down at the same time.

Anyway, at least it sounds good. I'd happy to volunteer to poke at this to see if I could identify some likely candidates to consider. I wonder tho whether there is some experience with this in the folks at Polizei. Tom? Steveo? This is more in you guys expertise than mine, what do you think?
I think bimmerfest schwag would be a great idea, but unlike the attempt that was made a few years ago where large quantities were ordered, I think keeping a smaller stock would be a wise decision. More of a restock as necessary situation. Because unlike the official bimmerfest shirts which are basically a one run deal and produced in large quantities in anticipation of selling quite a few, I think one would have to test the waters first to see what the reaction is to "official" shirts, hats, etc.

Oh and for anyone who forgot the design of the polos, or hasn't seem them yet, here they are in all of their glory.

Me looking cheery as always