View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Diver624

Mein Auto: Porsche 911 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffx5 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2007 X5 4.8i with sports package. My car has 1400 miles. I have had the following problems> I am wondering if anyone has had the same. My car has been in the shop two times, totalling 22 days so far.
1. Thumping noise from front end when going over bumps or agressively steering. Dealer first tightened bolts, next replaced anti swway bar links ,and alstly repalced anti sway bar. Problem still occuring.
2. Since sway bar was replaced, car makes grinding noise when steering at speeds past 25mph.
3. Radio would cut out . Dealer send ccc unit back to factory for reprogramming. Came back fixed except Traffic report was not working. Dealer fixed traffic report through software.
4. Grease oozing out of back deck on to bumper. Dealer replaced seal. Dealer says problem corrected, and they will replaqce bumper because they can not clean it.
Just wondering if anyone has same circumstances.
I really like driving the car...but I need it fixed !
Don't have the suspension or audio issues you described.
It sounds like they botched the suspension fix, the suspension design on the Sport package is new so not many mechanics are familiar with it.
If the "grease" is off white in color then it's a waxy product that is used to line the inside of door and tailgate panels that melts when the weather is warm and then leaks out of the drain holes at the bottom of the panels. The drain holes are covered by rubber plugs that are easy to remove. I had the same problem from the tailgate, windex and a rag took care of the drips on the bumper. I pulled off the plugs and cleaned out as much as I could with Q Tips and haven't had the problem since. If your problem is the wax material there is no need to replace the bumper. Why they use this material is beyond me.
Porsche 993 Cab
Porsche 996 Turbo (Ruf 550) gone but not forgotten