View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:20 AM
Free Your Heel

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 335xi
Back from ED: Tour of Bavarian and Austrian Alps

We're back from our ED trip and it was fantastic! My wife and I picked up our 335xi on May 15 and logged 1117 miles, driving through Bavaria and Austria. Details below.

First off, I love the car. I am so glad I got the 6MT. My local dealer only had Steps to test drive, so I was buying the 6MT without trying it. I was very relieved to find I just love the 6MT, but keep in mind I've never owned an auto.

I had never driven in Germany, or much at all at very high speed, so the Autobaun was a new experience. On the Autobahn, because of traffic and my own comfort level, I cruised mostly at around 100 to 115 mph, with only a few spurts up to 130 mph (top speed, no performance tires). The car handles like a dream at these speeds and it's a damn shame I won't be able to do this back in the States.

But most of my driving was on 2-lane mountain roads. I do have a lot of experience driving on such roads and this car is simply a blast in this environment. I can't wait to get it on my local Rocky Mountain roads. On the other hand, as my first high-performance car, this car also really shows my weaknesses. I still have a lot to learn on how to optimally handle this car on switchbacks.

But to be able to pass on a steep grades is definitely a new experience. The cornering is also out of this world. I've never had to worry so much about keeping cargo securely fastened

In the posts below, I give some details about our actual trip. Sorry for the crappy photos; I'm not much of a photographer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	109848   Click image for larger version

Name:	car2.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	109882  

Last edited by bimmerFUD; 05-28-2007 at 08:05 AM. Reason: added another photo
Advertisement