View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Free Your Heel

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT1809 View Post
Also my screen is too small to be safe if I am driving alone and have to fiddle with it.
Don't fiddle and drive Seriously, an extremely powerful feature of any decent car system are the voice prompts. You rarely have to even look at it while driving. Before the 370, I thought this was a gimic, but I have a hiking GPS (an older Garmin Vista) and I now can't imagine using it for the car. It doesn't look like the 60CSx has voice prompts and this feature alone should convince you to get a car based system.
Quote:
I earlier posted that maps and charts are the only way to go for situational awareness and trip planning with a GPS as a backup only. Well after seeing a 370 in use here, I think I was wrong to suggest that you can't rely on these things.
Right. I kept meaning to buy a better map when on my ED, but just never bothered. I was having too much fun If driving in a VERY remote area, get a good map, but there are no such places in Europe.
Quote:
Here's a tip: look at http://www.gpscity.com and the RAM mounts.
I've spent altogether too much time considering mounts Thanks, I'll take a closer look at these...