Thread: M5 Window trim
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 11:16 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by von_zoom View Post
I have a friend who owns a 06 M5, and the black window trim is discoloring. It is like black paint oxidizes in that you can see the random disfigurization. He has attempted to clean, rub, wash, wax, etc etc the tirm areas, but to no effect. The problem disappears momentarily, but then returns. My advice was to return it to the dealer, but we both live some distance from the BMW store. In the interium, has anyone experienced this, or simular, and is there a cure? Thanks,
vz
So far, I only heard of problems with the area between the front and rear side-windows (you know, the exterior area where the front safety-belt is mounted on the interior). This area fades out quite fast (some dealers say due to the car-wash chemicals and BMW recommends washing by hand..). Mine shows some 'drops' on it and some areas with a slightly different contrast. So far, you don't notice it unless you're looking for it.

I can only assume this is a similar problem on your friends car. I don't know if there's a cure..