View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 05:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkoville View Post
I am replying to this with the 8830 in my E60 now. Pairing was easy, just let it find the car and put any four digit code in both and enter, and the entire contacts list is uploaded to the iDrive. I don't have voice rec in the car so I have'nt tried that. As for SMS, not sure how in the iDrive yet. No problems yet.
I just got a Blackberry 8830 yesterday (goodbye, flaky 700p; hope you and Palm both disappear forever). It works in my E60, however, I do have a problem if I get in to the car while I'm already on a call: The car seems to tell the phone it's "ready" for a Bluetooth connection way before it's ready. This results in the call being transferred to the car, but because the computer hasn't really finished booting yet I can't actually talk anymore. During this time the call is basically in a "mute limbo". If I manually transfer the call back to the handset, wait 30 seconds, and then flip it back to the car it works fine.

I have Progman 25.4. The last two updates, which were suppose to help with car-computer "boot" time, haven't really done much for me. I'm still looking at 30s or so from when I unlock the car.

-jd

Last edited by doogles; 06-21-2007 at 05:59 AM.