View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 03:29 AM

Mein Auto: bmw328is cabrio e36 1998
Exclamation A Few Problems :help Pretty Please

Hello I Have a few problems with my bimmer If anyone could help? Two are electrical faults I think.
NO:1
Well one is the drivers side door window keeps going down a little bit and the interior light comes on. I think my car thinks I must be opening the door! Is it normal for all bmw or just cabrios for the door windows to go down a little bit when oping doors and in my case taking the roof down.
NO:2
Another problem has just started the other day. I noticed when I went to open the door it only opened that door and not all of them. Then I used my alarm which opens and locks the doors as it sets the alarm and they all worked fine.
They seem to be working ok now but like my window problem I think it will be back. Its bloody frustrating the window and light coming on when driving.
NO:3
Which is probably the worst is a engine problem? Well is it normal for your car to use nearly all its oil between services. On any other car I have had it always had most of its oil there when serviced ! Then I was doing oil change every 10,000 . I see most of you do it every 5,000 . I am pretty sure it has not done more than 5,000 since last change and it was on bottom of oil stick. (there is no oil on floor and my exhaust smoke is clean)
One time there was no oil on stick and I wondered why my engine temp was getting so hot and this strange noise coming from engine. The valves were clankingbut no oil light warning! (Put some valve cleaning in what sorted the noise)
My dad says i should get shot of it!
Advertisement