View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 11:31 AM
E65/E66 Helper Man.......

Send a message via AIM to harjothundal Send a message via MSN to harjothundal
Mein Auto: BMW 745 Li
03 745Li - Need warranty info

Alright guys, so here is my scenario... I've read many people with similar instances, so i'm hoping ya'll may be able to direct me as to what I should/need to do...

When i purchased my bmw last year, i called a BMW dealership first (concord BMW) to confirm that there was indeed a 100k warranty... The SA I spoke to was able to confirm this by searching my vin... So, earlier this week I attempt to make an appointment to get service done... I kinda had a feeling the dealer(s) would try to screw me, so I called first to get information, without driving over an hour just to be told nonsense...

Here are the symptoms I wanted to get looked at:
-sunroof has excessive wind noise when visor is open
-when coming to complete stop, engine/transmission has bump stop jerk before stopping
-when driving uphill or downhill, car shakes heavily, as if you've been rear ended etc etc
-sometimes when i start the vehicle, i will get dynamic drive and parking brake fault errors, however when i turn "restart" vehicle, errors are gone and drives perfectly (very rare)

so when the dealer (this time niello in sacramento) looked up the vin, they said i had no CPO meaning my warranty has expired... when i explained to the lady about all 2002/2003 vehicles having 100k from the factory, she denied it saying it was only 2002's and some early 2001 models, which just blew me away...

so, my question is, what the hell should i do? obviously the car is in need of some cip upgrades and such, but if the deaer is going to charge me for what i believe should be covered, then it's really not worth it... has anyone experienced anything like this? I tried to contact concord bmw as well, but nobody has return my call yet...

any help will be greatly appreciated!
Harjot
Advertisement