View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 7 series
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
thats weird i could of swore the rep at my local dealer told me its 6/100k bumper to bumper.
Your local dealer is correct - its 6 yrs/100k miles, bumper to bumper, ie NEW car warranty. before I purchased my 03, I emailed BMWNA to confirm warranty coverage. Here is the snippet of the email:

*To maintain customer confidence, BMW extended the New Vehicle Limited Warranty on all 2002 - 2003 7 Series models from 4 years or 50,000 miles to 6 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.*

harjothundal,

Covering the powertrain and some electrical components sounds like CPO coverage, which will most likely have a deductible. Your vehicle has NEW car coverage, as stated by tkasser till 7/21/09 or 100k miles. The dealer shouldn't charge you anything for the symptoms you're experiencing. Even if the dealer cant duplicate any of your concerns, your repair bill should be $0.

The sunroof issue is common from what i hear - you'll prob need a seal. The other issues seem software related. Unfortunately, most dealers need to replicate the issue in order to upgrade the software. In the past, if you simply asked the dealer to upgrade your software, they would. However, recently BMWNA has advised all dealers to NOT upgrade software unless the software upgrade addresses a fix.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.