View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 325TD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Angel View Post
Thank goodness I live in Torquay.

This is just another ploy by the Government to get more taxes by hitting the motorist. We are easy targets. Surely they get enough revenue from larger vehicles because they use more fuel - more fuel means more tax revenue for the Government.

Next, they will be culling all Welsh cows because they, apparently, are a huge contributory factor towards global warming because of the methane gas they produce. Why Welsh cows I do not know. This beggars the question, what do English, Scottish or Irish cows produce - and don't say milk and beef

Acutally a lot of Irish farmers are now sealing their slurry pits and using the gas to run generators. also they are now using freeheaters as well. you run your hot tap pipe through the pit to preheat the water before it goes to the boiler.

With regards to taxes whats wrong with all these goverments.
There should be two taxes on cars. Vat when you buy it and VAT on fuel. No road tax, no carbon tax, no cogestion tax, no motorway tax, no we'll think up another tax.

Surely it would be easy to calculate the total cost that motorist have to pay and then levy the petrol by x ammount adjusted yearly. If you want to take you kid to school in a V12 Range Rover thats would be fine as you would be paying proportionately more than the family who use their ford fiesta for weekends.

I truly believe that when it comes to cars they try to make it deliberately so confusing as to make it impossible for any motorist to calculate his actual costs and more importantly see where his taxes have been spent.