View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '99 540it
waveho, i just tackled my lower windshield strip myself just the other day, and noticed that my cowl is in pretty poor order too. so, i ordered the new cowl, and it should be in here in the next few days. anyhow, long story short, to help align my windshield wipers when i reassembled my wipers and such, i had put a couple of sticky notes on the windshield where the wipers should sit when all the way down. (did that make sense?) let me try that again. while the wipers were still all the way down, (off position) i put a couple of sticky notes, like post-it notes, on the windshield to mark where they should align to. i know it's not gonna benefit either me or you now, since we've both already tackled it, but maybe if someone else attempts it perhaps it will help them. you are dead on about that driver side arm removal being a b***h. i lost my religion a couple times on that one. lol. anyhow, good job. thanks to everyone posting those diy's, it's making it possible for fat a$$es like me to save a few bucks.