View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 03:51 AM

Mein Auto: Alpine White Z4MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Luminor, i think sixspeed put a coat of laquer on it. You'd probably want to give it a good cleaning and maybe clear coat it when you get it. TCK would be able to give you the best care instructions for it. If you want to see how it would look on a black car, look at some pics of a black M6 with a CFP roof. I think think it looks hot, but you'd have to decide that for yourself. I'm planning on installing mine for christmas

I had it clear-coated - that was all

If you get one you may or may not need it done. The roof was already finished for install straight away (and TCK didn't mention any need for further treatment etc before fitting).

However, when I inspected mine, there were light scratches in the resin/clear-coat that was already on there. So I asked a friend of mine who runs a bodyshop to add another clear-coat layer. Not only will this help protect the carbon from UV damage (as there is a UV inhibiter in the clear, and carbon can discolour over time from sun exposure), but it also meant they could safely flatten the new coat back until it looked like glass Which it sure does now!

Alpine White Z4M Coupe
19" CSLs w/ PS2s -- TCK Carbon Roof -- Gruppe-M Intake -- H&S Cat-Back -- H&R Springs -- Tints -- Storm V1 -- CDV -- DICE -- +more

Last edited by sixspeed; 09-01-2007 at 03:57 AM.