Fixing a broken seat adjuster switch part II
After you have the cover off you still have to pry up the clips on the brass plate to expose the studs.
Backside without brass plate.
This is what everything looks like taken apart.
Then it's a simple matter of using some crazy glue and fixing the broken stud.
I got a little cocky and though I would reinforce the stud by filling it up with urethane sealant.
Big mistake! The stud has to be hollow to fit back together. Thank god for Dremel tools.
Reassembly is a two minute job. Much much easier than the disassembly.
I used a dab of vasoline on the plastic to plastic parts to reduce friction and hopefully lesson any stress on those studs. I also switched the two studs (which are identical) so the repaired stud is on the less often used backrest adjustment.
Oh and one more thing. Your seat won't move if the control box is out, the seat memory buttons won't work. So either make sure your seat is in its proper position or plan not to use your car until the job is finished. It should only take a half hour or so plus the time it takes for the glue to dry.