View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Future car is a 7 Series!

Mein Auto: 2001 530i Charcoal Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelman View Post
Referring to Juicy5's instructions which are great and easy to follow...up to step 6. I cannot get nor see that second torx head screw holding the black piece in front of the FSR. My neck is aching as i type! I can see the FSR and can see if I can get this piece out of the way I can replace it. So frustrated. Any suggestions!
I followed the first post here from Elvis530i with all the pictures and they worked for me step by step. Do make sure you slide and pull out the cover under the glove box, it makes things easier.
The only screw or torx you need to remove is for the side panel and that's it. It is somewhat a tight space trying to squeeze the clamps on both sides of the resistor but you have to just keep trying...I had just a little difficulty, just try to squeeze both side and wiggle the unit up and down and try left to right also and it should pull out. Make sure you use your Right hand because you also have to pull away on the bottom a clip that holds the resistor in place. once you pull that away the resistor should pull out.

Good luck...

-Frank.

I also took my laptop out to my car for assistance.