X3 memory seats have a mind of their own
Can anyone explain to me exactly how the memory seats work in my 2007 X3 3.0si (key settings vs buttons on side of seat)?
I've tried to get my dealer to explain it to me, but that isn't helping. My wife and I each have a key, and we both would like to have unique seat/mirror settings.
Here's the way I think it should work, but it doesn't always work this way (and I'm not sure why -- and I don't think the dealer knows either):
- (My key) -- unlock the vehicle when the unlock button is pressed
- (My key) -- move the driver seat and mirrors to the location that I use everytime I drive the vehicle
- (My wife's key) -- unlock the vehicle when the unlock button is pressed
- (My wife's key) -- move the driver seat and mirrors to the location that she uses everytime she drive the vehicle
What's happening for us?
- whenever I use my key to unlock the vehicle, it will sometimes go to my seat/mirror settings (sometimes it will go to seat/mirror settings which seem to be my wife's settings--definitely not mine)
- whenever my wife uses her key to unlock the vehicle, it always goes to her seat/mirror settings
- whenever I have both keys in my hand, and I am trying to show the above scenario to the dealer, it works the way I think it should work (argh!!!)
* we both lock the vehicle at all times with our keys (even when it is in the garage)