View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 06:23 AM
Car Junkie

Mein Auto: '88 M3, Ex-'99 M3
Re: Re: So I drove an E30 M3 tonight...

Quote:
Originally posted by Clyde@work
Have you already forgotten about the "comfort" of the SUV we rented? Yeah, so you'd probably go for something with more redeeming qualities than an Xterra rental.
No, I still haven't finished processing all the curse words I had to say about that damned Xterra. Of course, that thing really seems to be most at home off road. The latest issue of AutoWeek has a story on a local Xterra club around Nacogdoches that got together to look for shuttle parts. The Exploder I'm considering is fulltime AWD and I know it's more comfy inside than the Xterra. It won't be seeing many CCA autocrosses any time soon, though.

Quote:

So which gets parked outside? The E30, the SUV or your wife's Civic? Just keep the E36 M3.
The SUV of course. I plan to wash it occasionally, Zaino it once, and otherwise beat it to hell. If it were waterproof inside, I'd just open all the doors and let loose with the garden hose. And for the money, I can't find a decent wagon that fits my needs.

Quote:

BTW, what's the number of the guy selling the E30 M3?

Actually, the guy's car is not for sale. I test drove it to see how I'd like the E30. The problem is that I like it. Now I need to decide what to do.

'88 M3
Conforti chip, Evo airbox/K&N filter, UUC short shift kit, oil pan baffle, Hella H4 lights, OEM glass sunroof
sold: '99 M3 Coupe
Cosmos Black
Airbox baffle removed, ZKW ellipsoid headlights, UUC short shift kit, BMW x-brace, debadged

'96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V8
(Support Vehicle)