View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Car Junkie

Mein Auto: '88 M3, Ex-'99 M3
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So I drove an E30 M3 tonight...

Quote:
Originally posted by pdz
i just had my car tweaked and it runs so f*cking well now it's outrageous.

there is absolutely nothing in the world like driving a sports car that makes you grin just to run through the gears. i hope you find whatchyer lookin' for but i swear, it wouldn't take much to make your own e36m3 the screamer.

i mean, if you are out of warranty on your m3 and targeted $4000 in intervals.....man......i'd swap in a slighter higher rear-end to maybe a 3.46 or 3.38 (is this about $1200? dunno, but i know metricmechanix has cores for this purpose), remove the rear seat (free), remove the stock seats and go lighter ($800-1400), and then go for the LTW flywheel plus HD Sachs clutch setup.

just my thoughts. you'd be amazed at how much a flywheel does for acceleration and heel/toe downshifting on the e36m3s.
Thanks for the advice. Part of the problem is my desire for some fiscal restraint. Perhaps I'll consider getting a '95ish M3, which would free up a lot of spare cash for tweaks.

'88 M3
Conforti chip, Evo airbox/K&N filter, UUC short shift kit, oil pan baffle, Hella H4 lights, OEM glass sunroof
sold: '99 M3 Coupe
Cosmos Black
Airbox baffle removed, ZKW ellipsoid headlights, UUC short shift kit, BMW x-brace, debadged

'96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V8
(Support Vehicle)