View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 03:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 325iT - Sienna Rot
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFOS View Post
Hello, I am picking up a 2008 X3, December 4th and going down all the way to Rome to drop off Dec 12. How will the factory fitted tires and 4 wheel traction work for Dec weather ?. I live in FL and have no yearly experience on snow driving.

Thanks for the advice.
Winter tires would still be the optimum choice for typical December temperatures and the chance of wintery weather (remember, they're called winter tires now and are beneficial in cold climates with or without snow). Obviously, the Rome drop off would be an issue unless the drop off driver can do the wheel/tire exchange for you.

That said, as long as your plans are flexible you should be fine. If, upon pick up, old man winter is giving Munich and southern Germany a good dusting, park the car and explore Munich for a day or two until the weather lets up.

Regarding the legalities, it is illegal now to drive a non M&S rated tire during winter weather conditions. In addition to it being illegal, your insurance may deny coverage in the event an accident occurred and you were driving on summer tires.