View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: 08' 335i Vert, 06' IS350
11/8/07 Ed

Hey everyone. We just returned from our 11/8 ED. Here are some of the pics I promised to post upon returning (Since I warned the committee I would be violating the 12 hour rule...I hope I'm exempt )

11/7 - Rolf picked us up from the airport and dropped us off @ the Munich Marriott. He spent some time with us going over some recommendations of what was in the area. Really great guy! Wow does he walk and talk fast. lol
PeterM1- Rolf gave me your info. We would have joined you for a beer. But, I couldn't find the piece of paper your info was on. The jetlag was working in high gear.

11/8 - The ED process @ the Welt was nice. It went very smoothly. Wish I could have inhaled more of the FREE small little sandwiches, pastries and drank more soda...instead of eating prior to ED. LOL (could have saved some euros since the dollar isn't going very far ie. 5 euros for a small bottle of diet coke = $7.50)

It snowed a little on 11/8 but not enough to discourage a short drive with the top down .

11/9 - We encountered a great surprise...(checkout the pics entitled 1 series) when we returned to take the production tour and use the vouchers.

I hoped the weather would be in our favor. But it wasn't. It didn't work in our favor to rent the snow tires. The public transportation in Munich is great. So she stayed in the underground parking lot of the Munich Marriott until 11/12. We check in oh her daily and one of the days we had the pleasure of meeting Bubulak- aka Pavol and his 335xi.

11/12- Dropped the car off at Harms (snow was on the ground ) to catch our flight to Paris. Kind of nerve racking since we didn't have snow tires on. But, she made it safely in one piece. Peter picked up and dropped us off at the airport. He showed us what a 3 series touring wagon can do on the autobahn (in the snow LOL).

Spent the rest of the Trip in Paris from 11/12 to 11/16. A lot of walking due to the train/subway and bus strike. Wasn't sure we would make the return flight home because of the availability of taxi's lol. But, long story short we had a great trip (this forum was a good resource).

In the midst of all the ED excitment. I forgot to sign the Bimmerfest book. LOL I guess that means I'll have to do another one soon.

I'll post more pics later.

http://picasaweb.google.com/PaulDandTomG

Last edited by PaulyD; 11-17-2007 at 10:50 PM.