View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 AM

Mein Auto: e30 325i coupe
ED trip Nov 6th to 13th

What a fantastic way to purchase a car and soooo worth the wait. this forum was extremely helpful regarding the trip and convincing my wife that it was not wise to drive through the Alps in November. here is a short on the trip.

Nov 6th, Delta flew us on time Phoenix-atlanta-Munich. 7th and 8am and we could not find Peter but found the bakery. after 30 minutes decided to take the S-bahn/U-bahn to the Welt. Arrive just at the recommended time for 12:10 delivery. Quick snack and we start the video/simulation and delivery. Great experience and the welt is just fantastic. Lunch and on the road toward neuschswainstein-my wife had to see it. Stopped at Steingaden for lodgings/drinks.

Nov 9th, Neuschwainstein in the am and just walk up to the first english tour. overcast but clear/dry day. Start back North up the romantic road and lodge at Norlingen. It is great how each town has an information center with rooms/restaurants. Nov 10th, with rain in the am we decide to drive north to dinkelsbuhl. clear day as we snack and window shop. Continue north to Rothenburg to more shopping and a great dinner.

Nov 10th awaken to snow and mild flurries as we walk the wall surrounding the city. Decide to head to Strausbourg and encounter a little slush before we get on the autobahn. Strausbourg is beautiful, clear and warmer. The cathedral is awesome and we even stay for mass in french. Decide to drive all the way to Munich because of the prediction of snow and it is Sunday-nothing is open. The 328i/mt/zsp performs exceptionally in rain and dry roads and is a dream to ride in. Arrive a day early at
Hotel Laimer Hof Munchen great little hotel, and they have room both nights. Awaken the 11th to snow and tv reports of stranded cars in Prague. Easy drive to Garching for car wash/Harms. Swap stories with others dropping their car off, as they did a little snow plowing with performance tires in the Alps. Marienplatz, hofbrauhaus before we turn in for our flight back on the 12th.

I can think of no better way to purchase a car, Artin majadi at Chapman-camelback has been great about purchase and the entire process. Icing on the cake, my wife at the welt spots the 118i 5 door on display and says "why didn't you buy the coupe, it's so cute." She won't have to twist my arm too hard to return for her car one day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	welt3.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	128953   Click image for larger version

Name:	neuschwain4.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	128954   Click image for larger version

Name:	alps2.jpg
Views:	348