View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 07:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 yellow/black MCS
Depending on the dealer, you ought to be able to pick an '07 off the lot right now for $500 off MSRP. That's what I did with the MCS listed at $27400 which I took delivery of last Friday for $26907 (plus "free" carpeted floor mats).

I only paid $110 in fees (registration/license transfer, titling, documents, messenger, tire tax), so they didn't recoup the $500 through made-up dealer charges. Though they may be getting a cut on my trade-in, even though they said they were selling it to the wholesaler for the exact amount they paid me for it, which no doubt will resell for $3000+ more than I got for it.) Although I got the impression that even without a trade-in, they would've come down $500 on an '07 on their lot. It's Otto's MINI in West Chester, PA, if you're interested in coming 3000 miles to buy your car

A $500 discount on an '08 at this point doesn't seem so likely, so your best deal will probably be on an in-stock '07 if that works for you. In the end, if you question whether you're monetarily getting the best car deal possible, ask yourself whether the sheer joy of owning a brand new MINI is worth the extra money. For me, it is (plus I'm saving $300/year on car insurance). Good luck!