Thread: 540 caught fire
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 11:24 AM
e39 m5 touring aspirant

Send a message via AIM to jvcajita Send a message via MSN to jvcajita Send a message via Yahoo to jvcajita
Mein Auto: LSB WB 540 Touring VF S/C
seeing people get abused like this by insurance companies pisses me off...been there and still going through it as well...

as for not having flames being visible...you tell them this politely with velvet gloved iron fist, "maam or sir, where in my policy does it state that a fire must be visible to be considered not covered by my comprehensive insurance?" if it is there...(which i doubt it will be)...tell them, "the agent who sold me the policy did not tell me if my car goes into flames is compensated by my full coverage. that's misrepresentation..." and he/she doesn't budge...ask for the manager...and if the manager, doesn't budge, ask for his manager. now adjusters, as much as they can, try to handle it with just the help of the step up...if it goes higher up the ladder, there performance criteria/commission dimmishes..and if that 2nd tier manager still doesn't help you out...go file a complaint with the dept of insurance for unfair practice...now if you have a reputable ins company...this will kill their ratings...and ratings my friend is what forecasts how much value does an insurance company's premium should be =)...and if that doesn't work...man get a lawyer =)...

dude, i feel for you...i'm going through it right now as well..i went with a lawyer right away though...since my accident involved medical surgery, loss of income, yada yada...so yeah, you just skip all those things i told you if you feel more comfortable with having a lawyer help you out.