Thread: 540 caught fire
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 09:35 AM

Mein Auto: Highways
No Luck with Insurance

I have contacted the insurance company (Commerce Insurance) and they are sticking to a faulty part. It seems the only insurance I have is to set the dam car on fire.

I am not getting any relief from BMW. Although this is a known problem, yes guys your 540 can catch on fire due to this faulty part!

BMW has known about this problem. The DOT knows of this problem. I've had my car serviced many times and not once have they told me about this. They put myself and my family at risk everytime we got in that car and never told me. I'm a little taken back that BMW has demonstrated no care for a potential fire here. What would have happened if the fire was so bad that I could not get out? DEATH!!

The car is sitting in the back lot at BMW, I refuse to take it back. BMW should step up to the plate and fix the car, knowing this is an inherent problem.

I've spoken with the Department of Transportation in DC which they have taken an interest in this case. I have spoken to the State's Insurance commission and now filing a report and lastly I have a lawyer just about to start litigation after the holidays against BMW for recklessness and other charges.

I guess BMW does not want to address this and hope I just go away. That is not going to happen!