View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i, 2006 MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
So I was guna post this in E90post (I usually post all off-topic there) BF seems like a better place for this as there are more "prime aged" people here.

So my mom (shes in her early 50s) has a camry right now and she said shes kinda bored with it after only a year.
So we were driving 1 day and she saw a mini cooper and she asked me what it was cuz she really likes the way it looks. I told her and she did some reasearch and heres the problem.

I personally really want her to get it, cuz its an awsome car and I can drive it sometimes. .
But she did a little reasearch and she realized that most people that drive that car is under 30. So now she is iffy about it because she don't want that image of old woman trying to be young (cuz she is not, she just likes the classic british look).
I know people will say its her money so screw what people think, get what she wants.

but she is Asian and very traditional and she cares how other people especially withing the Asian circle how people perceive her.

So I guess my question is do you guys know anyone over 50 driving a Mini? Do you think its weird or "unfit" for prime aged drivers?

BTW the clubman is a no go, she wants the coupe.

Thanks guys
buy it! who gives a sh*t what someone else thinks! the MINI is a hoot.