View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 11:28 AM

Mein Auto: 07 x5
First off, I have the car and it runs like new (for the moment and hopefully for good). For anyone else that has the issue, below is what my service form stated, verbatim. See my post immediatly above for a layman's explanation. If the problem recurs, I'll post, but I'm assuming it is fixed.

"Faulty engine relay fan. Read fault memory in vehicle. Only fault found was 2EFE stored for open circuit electric fan. Removed the connector x1797. Tested for power and ground. Found no voltage to the fan motor. Then check for power at the rear distribution box fuse 127 had battery voltage. Then removed the right front inner fender liner and checked the voltage at the relay. Had the proper voltage going into the relay and no votage coming out due to a faulty relay. Disconnected the battery removed and replaced the relay. Cleared fault memory and test drove vehicle. Vehicle shifting normally at this time on test drive with shop foreman."

Bsklar, you need to print out this thread and take it into the shop with you and have them read it while you are there.

Last edited by Ron Dunn; 01-28-2008 at 01:12 PM.