View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 PM

Mein Auto: '03 325i
Question for you: I clayed on Saturday, and I realized with a hose running (I use warm water from the inside of the house. *soft water*) I could clay while the hose was going over the area keeping it well lubricated. Is this OK to do? As, most of the time I see posts on claying people say to use the Quick Detailing spray.

Can you use water, like I did. I did not notice anything wrong, and it looked gorgeous when I got done waxing. What do you say?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts ..

DarrenBMW - Using the free-flowing water is ok. However, I much prefer using a great big bucket of super sudsy water and a wash mitt. I have a bucket with a sediment tray so that heavy stuff (dirt) sinks and doesnt get caught in the mitt. The soap is a lubricant and is much more slippery than the water alone. That's why they always suggest a QD spray... it too is very slippery. However, the soapy water is MUCH cheaper than the QD spray. You can use your "soft" tap water in the bucket too, if you want. That's a good idea. As for warm vs cold water, I find the cold water is much more dense than the warm water and therefore more effective.

I hope that helps.