View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:35 PM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
No disrespect, but I don't see how the service bulletin couldn't be more clear. It tells you what to do, what not to do, and what to look out for.

Yes. But you do have to read and follow them.

If a tech just hooks the car up to the BMW Software Service Station and starts the download, it may not work. Just leaving the car in neutral would be enough.

We know from several posts here on Bimmerfest, some techs are not checking the version numbers before returning the car.

Sending the DME and EGS to New Jersey is a good idea. Unfortunately that means taking the customer car off the road for a few days. Are keys coded to work a specific DME? I'm not sure how the EWS works on the X3. If BMW NA sends the wrong DME back, the car may not start.

There are personality conflicts coming into play too. That's a polite way of saying 'pig-headed' service manager.

I've certainly run into my share of dealer service problems, just not on this issue. In our experience the quality of service varies widely between BMW dealers.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.

Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 02-12-2008 at 12:41 PM.