View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
El-sea,

one of the most aggravating things about this whole situation is the dealer blames BMWNA and BMWNA says it is the dealers repsonsibility.

Is this vehicle an 07? You mentioned 06 and they are different transmissions. in other words is the notorious 6 speed AT?

If they are refusing you warranty service----- report it to the Attorney Generals Office for Consumer Fraud.

I know for a fact that the division in CA doesnt screw around.

On another note I absolutely agree that this is bordering on class action lawsuit. Unfortunately, it takes someone being injured to make something of this magnitude to move forward.

I am working with an attorney atm as well as the AG's office. I can say nothing more than that at this time.

IMO this is not a BMW so it needs to earn its stripes, the only way you are going to get a BMW is to follow the steps recommended.

Good Luck and get an attorney!
Thank you for all of your help. I did everything BMW asked me to do. Once again they say there is nothing wrong with my car basically telling me I'm coocoo. After an entire year of this they forced me to get an attorney yesterday. Found a LA one who says he's seen many of these. And that I have a very strong case. BMW unlike Audi and GM has been settling out of court. Yes mine is an 07. She's a real beauty and handles so well for an suv. If only the transmission was a real bmw like the rest of her!
I will report to the AG because yes, they refused to fix the problem because they can't duplicate it. I told them to drive it up the mountain in freezing temps (that's when it went past redline and never went into gear at all!) They couldn't be bothered. All they had to do was look at this sticky thread to "know" there is a problem and I am not coocoo. What car do I buy when BMW pays me off? Will they fix this problem for 2009 x3's? Does anyone know.