View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Exclamation Cya

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcane View Post
That's why my SA has asked, after he and the BMWUSA regional service representative drove my X3 and confirmed that it has the X3AT disease. He said that BMW is devoting serious engineering effort to fixing this, and asked me to give them 4-5 weeks, which equates to mid-March. After that, I am told, if there is no fix, the dealer will refund (which is what I asked for).

I'm willing to hope for the best: if it doesn't work out my VP for blame is going to insist on a L*x*s RX (interesting model name, eh?).
Arcane I reported this back in 05/07 and still dealing with it. Many people have been stalled just as long.
Personally I wouldnt do it. They have tried six times (4 is the limit for Lemon Law in my state), and keep saying we are committed to getting it right. They had the "Master Mechanic" from BMWNA tell me that it took him three times to get the SIB they currently have to stick. Preety bad when the head guy from BMWNA can't get it right. In the meantime I am paying full shot monthly payments for a vehicle that is 50% of what it should be.

To cover yourself please send a certified letter to BMWNA stating exactly what your SA said and what the dealer has promised to do. This will lock them down under Lemon Law regulations.