View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 04:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via MSN to GimpyMcFarlan
Mein Auto: 2007 X3 Crimson/Beige
Cool XM Radio Installed - Many Pics

I know there have already been posts about this recently, but I just did mine today so I thought I would share my setup. This install is with the Pioneer GEX-FM903XM receiver, Terk XM3 antenna and Blitzsafe PIO DMX v.1 adapter in a MY03 BMW 330Ci w/ Nav. No CD changer exists.

The receiver and adapter are mounted on top of the DVD drive used by the Nav system by velcro. (Careful not to block the heat vents.) The CD Changer wires, cleverly hidden behind the Nav hardware, is connected to the Blitzsafe, then the wires from the adapter connect to the receiver.

The center baby seat anchor was removed temporarily and the antenna wires were run through the hole. The anchor was replaced and the antenna was placed in the center of the deck between the glass and anchor.

The extender wire for the XM headunit was run from the trunk into the cabin through an existing passage use by other wiring harnesses. The wire was then run down the driver side rear seat, across the front of the rear seats, then under the carpet to the center armrest. Then the headunit was positioned in the ashtray and its wire was run under the center console, past the shifter and connected to the receiver extender wire under the cupholders / armrest.

Turned the key to the accessory position and pressed the Mode button to select CDC (short for CD Changer I assume.) Turned on the XM receiver via the headunit and presto! Digital XM radio! There were 2 XM setup channels proadcasting info and a few other were enabled by default (even without activating the subscription) so I knew everything was working.

Now for some pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xmradio1.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	9530  
Advertisement