View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 04:26 AM
HMFIC

Mein Auto: 2002 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjboyd View Post
can those of you who do NOT have transmission issue PLEASE tell those of us that do/did WHY you are SO hostile and angry that we talk about it, and to a degree, blame US for the problem?? Be thankful your X3 doesn't have the problem and be sympathetic to those of us who do/did.

why is that so hard for you?
I have transmission issues with my X3. I was not hostile, nor angry. Didn't blame anyone.

I was merely straightening the facts. We've heard ONE report of the new update frying a DME and it needing to be sent back to NJ. ONE. For all we know it could have been the mechanic's fault hooking up the gear or not following the instructions. Seriously, no one knows the reason that ONE DME fried, except BMWNA. Stating that the latest SIB release is damaging all DMEs beyond repair is a bending of the truth. People should not get the idea that their car will be damaged if they take it in for software updates.
Didn't know about his personal talks with the regional master mechanic. I'm surprised they told Evl anything with all his threats of lemoning it.