View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i, 2009 E90 M3
Hi. I have a 2007 X5 4.8i like you and apart from a failed O2 sensor it's been running fantastically. I also had a 2006 X5 4.4i for 16 months without a single problem.

I'm really sorry to hear about your problems. I hope you can resolve them to your satisfaction.

As for your problems, I have encountered one that is similar to yours. From what you are describing you seem to have the comfort access and it tells you that you won't be able to start your car because the key is unavailable and it's right on you!!! It appears that the range for detecting the key is really short and if you get out of the car to go close the garage door after geting the car out the sensor will lose the key and display this message.

Once you get back to the car it redetects the key but leaves the message on leaving you to believe that there is a problem. I found that if I acknowledge the message with iDrive
(there is an Ack symbol in the upper left corner of the screen) the message disappears and all is well.

I have tried to stop the car and restart it and it worked without a problem.

I think it's a s/w problem with iDrive. I'll mention it to my SA next time I get the car serviced.

That's all. I hope it helps. Let us know how it works out for you.

Cheers.

Patrice
2009 E90 M3 Melbourne Red on Black Leather
2007 X5 4.8i Monaco Blue on Saddle Brown