View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 AM
FORMER X3 *****

Mein Auto: former x3 owner
Arrow Yet Another Issue

Email sent this morning concerning another issue we had with the transmission on the X3

Dear BMWNA and Service Manager:

We experienced another issue with the drive train on our 2008 X3 last night that I wanted to add to the list of already reported issues.

My wife and I were driving the X3 around 5:30 PM EST on 3/10/2008. We drove through an intersection with a stop light at speed, made a left hand turn at the intersection and as I pressed on the accelerator the car violently bucked 3 times, felt like it was going to stall, and finally engaged and proceeded down the road. This bucking we experienced was similar to a new driver having difficulties learning/driving a stick shift when not in the proper gear. Since our car is an automatic and was in D mode there was something within the controls of the transmission that caused this reaction. Again, we went through the intersection at speed and had not started from a stopped position. Additionally, I looked at the gas gauge to see if we were possibly running out of fuel but we had approximately 1/4 tank of gas so I do not believe this was an issue related to fuel.

Please add this issue to the other five already reported on our 2008 X3.