View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 05:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 330i w/ SportPackage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsnoceans View Post
Good reasoning mate. How tough was it to do the radio interface installation yourself? I am interested in the cleanest-possible look but unconfindent abt my DIY skills.
While the trunk-interface DIY is definitely doable, I wouldn't recommend the radio-interface as a DIY if this is your first time, because it involves removing trim pieces that can scratch easily and the center vent can be frustrating to take off. Plus there isn't much room to position the R17 radio harness behind the radio head unit given the relatively short length and large connector head size of the harness. As as result, I had to be creative about pulling out and rerouting the existing cables in the dash, in order to reach the R17 harness which I routed to some available space I found on the right side inside the dash.

If you have a friend who is good at DIY projects for cars (and who welcome the challenge) I would definitely recommend the radio interface install with the EAS product. Definitely worth it IMO. Good luck.