View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 10:46 PM

Mein Auto: Anything with Wheels!
Like many of you on this thread, I'm also having a number of problems with my X5.

Most of mine are related to iDrive failures, but recently I've been having high battery drain, to which the dealer says they can't find any fault, but I've made sure to take pictures and document every time it happens. I believe the key to winning trade assists with BMW NA is to have lots of documentation and pictures.

But what drives me absolutely crazy is the number of creaks and rattles this SAV has. I have a '07 4.8i and first the steering wheel area was making this rattle. Took them 5 visits and 5 months later they finally solved that.

Currently, my rear trunk lid is rattling and the driver seat. The driver seat is just the worst one yet, because every time you hit the brakes or accelerate, the whole seat squeaks and makes this binding noise. Got a call from the dealer today saying they couldn't duplicate the noise. All it took was 5 feet and hitting the brakes in the service driveway to duplicate. Geez...yea go figure.

I'm hoping to have my car bought back as mine has been in the shop 85 days out of the 290 I've owned it. That's about 1/3 of the time I've had it. I'm still waiting to hear from them, but if not, I'm about ready for them to just call it a loss and move on.