Thread: M3 e46 or 335i
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 04:26 PM

Mein Auto: '04 M3 Coupe
Keepin' it real.

Hi guys - first post - haven't posted in the 'Newbies' forum yet because I don't have a picture of my ride but will later today - just joined the M family with a gorgeous carbon black 2004 M3 coupe SMG w/premium and 19s (just joined the Bimmer family too... nice upgrade from my Honda Civic - I just graduated and started working though, so I'm excused.) ... I wasn't going to post at all and just sit and read for a while until I got 'warmed up' but man, whats up with the M3 bashing in the M3 section of the forum? I don't have both, but I definitely have friends who have the 335, both coupe and sedan, and we're definitely faster than them both off of a light, around turns and even on the freeway; albeit on the freeway the lighter coupe does sometimes give us Ms a run for our money. Still, I'm really happy with my M; nothing like the sixth bar with DSC off/Sport on blasting off of a red light.

Speaking of blasting off of red lights, I pulled up to a Gallardo in Anaheim Hills here in So Cal (street called Weir Canyon, the locals know of it) at a light and I'm proud to say that off of the light I didn't only keep up with the Gallardo but inched away for a second (up until second gear) before the Gallardo took off... still, I wasn't more than a couple car lengths away until the next light. Good return on this $40k investment against that $130k!

Anyway, really excited to be a part of this family, I definitely hope to meet some fellow M people soon (there's two carbon black premium package coupe M3s in my apartment complex, weird) - will definitely be posting more often... especially when I'm at work as I am now!