Thread: M3 e46 or 335i
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 03:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 335i/2006 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT View Post
I was given a 335I as a loaner. It was a fast car, but very doll and boring. It wasn't a car that I would wake up on Saturday and Sundays and just say, I'm going to go randomly drive it.

Also when I was commuting to work, I always felt like I had to prove something to someone. I had to prove to people that the 335I was fast, so I was constantly driving like a maniac getting people's attention. Always looking to see if other cars were looking at it. (Rice Mode Activated). At the end of the day, it was just another 3 series within the many new ones on the road.

When I got my M3 back, that was no longer the case. Wouldn't want the 335I even if it had 500HP. I think this is why a lot of 335I are on the market for sale. The first a few weeks, the owners love the raw power. After a while, due to dispassionate connectivity of the car to the road, it just doesn't seem as exciting.
I agree with your statement about driving faster with the 335i to show people "Hey, look at me I'm fast!!! Freshman Syndrome

But with the M3 it's more like "Wow, its an M3 that's a fast car!!!" Seniors Rules